Student Services Dept.
The purpose of our Student Services Department is to provide a support system to help each student reach his or her academic and personal potential. Grade level counselors work in conjunction with grade level administrators to assist students who are having difficulties or need extra support. The middle school counseling program is tailored to the developmental needs of adolescent students. The emphasis of the program is on school adjustment, self-worth, social skills and academic progress. All students are invited to see the counselors regarding issues of conflict resolution, academic issues, divorce or death in the family, or any other crisis which may arise in their lives. The counselors can often refer parents to agencies, support groups, and other outside professionals who help adolescents and parents.
School Counselors Provide...
- Individual Counseling
- Academic, College, and Career Counseling
- Grief and Crisis Counseling
- Interpreting Standardized Test Results
- Classroom Guidance
- Developing Confidential Relationships with Students
- Helping students overcome barriers to learning
- Providing Preventive and Intervention Strategies for Student Success
- Serving as a resource to students of available Community Opportunities
- Serving as a resource for Community Outreach